I read in !emc-pstc that lcr...@tuvam.com wrote (in <3187EE460C488A458D4
dc186f40edc21049...@exchdan.us.tuvworld.com>) about 'Sound Engineering
Practice', on Thu, 6 Sep 2001:
>I am struggling with one of those darned European directives, the pressure
>equipment directive. One aspect of conformance is dependent on the
>application of "Sound Engineering Practice".
>
>Does anyone have a practical or authoritative definition of "Sound
>Engineering Practice?".
>
>It's and idea that easy often thrown about, but it seem very hard to define.

Sure, it's a catch-all in cases where the engineering is more an art
than a science (i.e. more than seven independent variables!). It's 'what
you see in well-designed products'. For example, where you can't design
something by using recognized mathematical methods, you base your design
on previously successful ones, not on dimensions, etc. revealed to you
under the influence of mind-enhancing substances.
Eat mink and be dreary!