Here's a question for you telecom experts:

Paragraph 2.6.3 of UL 1950 (Third Edition) requires permanently connected
equipment,
that is not provided with a disconnect device, to include a statement in the
installation
instructions that an appropriate disconnect device shall be provided as part
of the building
installation.

Telecom equipment intended for connection to a -48V centralized DC power
system located
in a central office is considered to be permanently connected equipment.

However, the centralized DC power source is considered to be a SELV
secondary circuit.

I don't think that this requirement would be applicable in this case, since
section 2.6 deals
with the requirements for primary power isolation.  However, I am being told
otherwise.

It is no big deal to provide the statement. I would just like to get some
clarification
on how this requirement is applied to telecom equipment.

Rick Meyette
Terawave Communications