        From:  Ron Pickard [SMTP:rpick...@hypercom.com]
        Sent:  Tuesday, May 15, 2001 3:58 PM
        To:  emc-p...@ieee.org
        Subject:  EMCD query

        Hello to all,

        This is directed to all the EMC Directive experts on this list. I
need your help.

        It has just come to my knowledge that a sizable quantity lot of
finshed ITE products have been built
        and being stored in a warehouse. These products, facing obsolesence,
are 100% compliant with the
        current EMCD requirements (EN55022:1994 & EN50082-1:1992) and have
been in stock for about a year
        now. These are new products, but were built about 1 year ago. I can
not find any reference to this
        situation in either the EMCD itself or the latest guidelines.

        My question is, do these products need to be brought into compliance
with the new EMCD requirements
        coming on 1-July, or can these products still be shipped after
1-July as is? Bringing these products
        into compliance with the new requirements may be cost prohibitive.

        As it would be much preferred to sell these products as opposed to
scrapping them, I am posting this
        to see if there was something that I overlooked.

        Comments? References?

        Thanks in advance.

        Best regards,

        Ron Pickard