Hi Doug:

>   There are four observation periods listed in para 6.2.4 of A14 (table Z1), I
>   assume that I only have to pick the one that suitably qualifies my
>   equipment's operation, or must I apply each one to determine the best period
>   of observation?

>From my reading of prA14 (I don't have A14), you must
decide which of the four behaviors best fits your
product.  I doubt that performing each measurement in
turn would be the best way to determine your equipment
behavior.

I would connect the EUT to a current-measuring 'scope
(slowest sweep speed), turn on the EUT, and observe
the input current as a function of time for a period
of ten minutes or longer.  From this record, you can
determine the EUT behavior as one of the 4 types.

>                    The equipment in question is bench/portable test equipment
>   with and internal switching power supply (approx 150W) whose represented
>   load does not change after initial turn on.

>From your description, "load does not change after
initial turn on," your equipment would be "quasi-
stationary."  This means that you simply make the
harmonic current measurements without regard to the
EUT function.

>   Question #2, Repeatablity per para 6.2.3.1, can you verify repeatablity by
>   evaluating the individual 1.5 second smoothed rms values over your test
>   observation period or must we repeat the entire test at a later time to
>   prove repeatablity?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  I would
think that the concept of repeatability is that of
repeating the entire test.

Best regards,
Rich