I can only speak for ITE products per IEC 60950.  Note that this
standard requires testing for safety at -10% and +6%, or 90V to
106V for Japan ITE rated at 100V only.  Note that this must be
done for both 50Hz and 60Hz, both of which are used in Japan.

I am not aware of any stated 85V test requirement for Japan, and
would be surprised if long term 15% voltage drops were common in
Japan.  As in any country, there can be momentary "brown outs"
where the voltage may briefly sag to even lower values.

George Alspaugh

---------------------- Forwarded by George Alspaugh/Lex/Lexmark on 06/04/2002

"Van Compernolle, Eric" <eric.vancompernolle%barco....@interlock.lexmark.com> on
06/04/2002 11:21:40 AM

Please respond to "Van Compernolle, Eric"
      <eric.vancompernolle%barco....@interlock.lexmark.com>