Hey, Ken, let's try to be realistic here!

Sure - we should try to get laws we don't like changed, but that isn't going
to happen overnight and in the meantime we have to operate within the law as
it stands.

Or are you suggesting immediate insurrection by product manufacturers?
(Outlaw manufacturers roaming the wild wild west - an interesting concept!)

The IEE's guide on EMC and Functional Safety is concerned with such legal
aspects, but is also concerned with saving lives in a world where electronic
control of safety-related functions is proliferating madly.

As my paper at the IEEE's EMC Symposium in Montreal and my recent article in
ITEM UPDATE 2001 show - at present EMC standards don't address safety issues,
and most safety standards don't address EMC-related functional safety issues.

Regards, Keith Armstrong