From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of
soundsu...@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 5:28 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: CE Marking for Passive speakers

So to recap, so far we've got:

a.  Yes, they're clearly covered under both the EMC and LVD Directives.
b.   No, they're not necessarily covered under either Directive.
c.   There's no testing required to CE Mark passive speakers.
d.   Passive speakers could be affected by radiated emmissions and therefore
should be tested for immunity.

In other words, a classic New Approach Directive discussion.

I think John Tyra's original quest for an EC ruling on the subject is
entirely understandable.  I would caution, however, that after a lot of time
and effort, he may receive such a ruling and find it to be even more
confusing.

In the end, it seems the decision is left to the manufacturer and the market
forces that be.   Just my opinion.

Greg
www.productapprovals.com

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/