I read in !emc-pstc that Gert Gremmen <g.grem...@cetest.nl> wrote (in
<mpeeiccjhhndekobpnnbeeekcgaa.g.grem...@cetest.nl>) about 'CE Marking
for Passive speakers' on Wed, 18 Sep 2002:
>Although your reasoning sounds valid, it's simply
>not accurate. Firts; The guidelines are not LAW
>
>"Guidelines are publicly available, but they are not binding in the sense of
>legal acts adopted by the Community. The legally binding provisions are
>those transposing the EMC Directive"

You are simply making unsubstantiated counter-assertions, of no
significant validity. There is no point in continuing a discussion on
those terms. My view is not just my personal view; it's that of
certified bodies in Britain.

Your assertion that a loudspeaker is equivalent to a cable is
unsustainable. They emit d.c. magnetic fields and some emit audio-
frequency magnetic fields. Some emit sound when subjected to an external
audio-frequency magnetic field, which could be interpreted as a lack of
immunity. The input terminals may carry hazardous voltages.

Why take the tough decision not to CE mark, when it costs very little to
do so and to print in the instructions the text that I previously
posted?
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!