ISO requirement:
ISO is NOT law.  It is contractual between your company
and any one or more of your customers.

ROI:
If you're company is totally disorganized without procedures
and without any sort of feedback system from the field (I
doubt you could exist), implenting an ISO system would
clean this up.  Simply because it's cleaned up with procedures
and reports doesn't guarentee your company will be any
more successful than a company without it.

The ROI with ISO has basically 2 sides to it.
1) ISO is based on what a "standard company" would do
as far as tracking activity on paper.  This is supposed to
make things repeatable instead of people sitting around
trying to figure out, "Now just how did we do that?"
2) ISO makes it easy for any potential customer who
wants to qualify you as a vendor.  They can walk in on
any day asking for this or that procedure.

I'm familiar with ISO 9K.  But that's being replace with
ISO 2K. ISO 2K has taken away the elements and makes
it more difficult with which to comply. There's no subdivisions
with ISO 2K as there was with ISO 9K with 9001, 9002,
9003 ...  With ISO 2K, if something doesn't apply to your
company, you have to justify why it doesn't apply.

Regards, Doug McKean