Hi Susan,
I am not familiar with DO-160D or 461E requirements.  However, I am using a
500W audio amp (POWERTRON Model 500A Power Amplifier) from Industrial Test
Equipment Co., Inc., Port Washington, NY 11050 (Phone: 516-883-1700), with
my Helmholtz coil system for frequencies up to 200 kHz.

Regards, Ravinder
PCB Development and Design Department
IBM Corporation
Email: ajm...@us.ibm.com
Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
.... Mark Twain

                      <shbeard@rockwellcolli

                      ns.com>                       To:       emc-p...@ieee.org

                      Sent by:                      cc:

                      owner-emc-pstc@majordo        Subject:  suggestion for
>100W audio amp
                      mo.ieee.org

                      07/19/2002 07:24 AM

                      Please respond to

                      shbeard

Hello group,
I was hoping that someone could suggest a vendor/model number for an > 100
W audio amplifier for use performing DO-160D, change 2, section 18 audio
susceptibility testing.  I am currently using an old Solar 6552-1A, but
sometimes it can't provide the pre-calibrated power (100W) into the EUT.
It could also be used for 461E CS101 testing.

Thanks in advance,
Susan Beard

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/