Dear Muriel,

The "Differential- or Common-mode Box" design is in the IEEE Transactions on
EMC, Vol. 30, No.4,
November 1988, pages 553-560.  Figure 2 shows the schematic and Figure 3 has an
inside picture.
The box is very easy to make.  It is made from two transformers, two resistors,
and a switch.  The
picture has enough detail that one can see that it matches the schematic.  The
VARI-L transformer
LF428 may have to be back ordered and you have to buy a minimum of 5 parts.  We
still use the
one in the picture.

If you do not want to make your own, Pointsix is a company that has made some in
the past.
You could try them at www.pointsix.com.  I have a call into them to see if they
still make it.  They
are based here in Lexington, Kentucky.  I'll let you know what I find out.

 Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,
Keith Hardin
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lexmark International Inc.

"Muriel Bittencourt de Liz" <muriel%eel.ufsc...@interlock.lexmark.com> on
02/04/2002 10:37:35 PM

Please respond to "Muriel Bittencourt de Liz"
      <muriel%eel.ufsc...@interlock.lexmark.com>