Hi Muriel,

I have the same book by Clayton Paul as it was used as a textbook for a
graduate course in EMC at SUNY Binghamton.

After SUNY Binghamton, I started was working as a design engineer.  That
was the year before the EMC directive became mandatory.  My boss saw Mr
Paul's book in my office... and well...next thing you know, I'm suddenly
the EMC guy with "Captain Zap" for a nickname... Enough about my sad
fall from grace :-)

One of the first things I did was to build one of these devices.  I
never have seen one for sale.  Honestly, until your email, I thought I
was the only person who actually tried to make one. (other than Mr. Paul
himself)

I don't use it too much any more.  We have gotten fairly good at
guessing whether the emission is differential mode or common mode.   If
we guess correctly, it's quicker to just put in the capacitor or choke
and give it a try.

It's been a while since I built it, so my memory is fuzzy.  But I may be
able to help if you have a question or two.

Chris Maxwell | Design Engineer - Optical Division
email chris.maxw...@nettest.com | dir +1 315 266 5128 | fax +1 315 797
8024

NetTest | 6 Rhoads Drive, Utica, NY 13502 | USA
web www.nettest.com | tel +1 315 797 4449 |