Hi Gregg and Barry:

>   Australia has an actual standard which lists the tests and procedures for
>   the regular testing of equipment in use, and equipment that has been

>   So has the UK. it was called (something like) The Electricity at Work
>   Act generally a good thing put a dangerously and poorly implemented
>   concept that allowed untrained unprofessionals to destroy a huge amount of
>   IT equipment and charge the customer for it.

>   As a result we had several thousand monitors damaged by 25 Amps being
passed
>   between the RGB Coax- grounds and PEG

Another anecdote (read "horror story") from the UK
requirement for periodic safety testing...

We had the unfortunate experience of the same UK
requirement for periodic testing of Class III
equipment for 25 amps from accessible conductive
parts.  This test destroyed a run on the circuit
board, which was a failure of the 25-amp test,
which resulted in destruction of the unit!  The
customer demanded replacement of the units because
they failed the test!  He did not realize that the
test itself was causing the failure, nor that the
test was causing destroying the unit.

Best regards,
Rich