So has the UK. – it was called (something like) The Electricity at Work Act
– generally a good thing put a dangerously and poorly implemented concept
that allowed untrained unprofessionals to destroy a huge amount of IT
equipment and charge the customer for it. (I worked at DEC in the UK at the
time and had to pick up many of the pieces – hence the visible cringing
whilst typing amid the sound of axes being ground!.)

 One memorable slogan by a ‘contractor’ was : “You can trust me – I
used to be a policeman”.   Further comment is unnecessary……

As a result we had several thousand monitors damaged by 25 Amps being passed
between the RGB Coax- grounds and PEG – and one ‘gentlemen’ in Wales
charged our customers $1 for changing fuses in the mains plug (of new
equipment) to a lower value – this did nothing for the safety of the
equipment but created the possibility of multiple failures to the ‘techs’
to find.

In all – just the sort of thing that gets engineering and compliance a bad
name.

Best regards

Gregg

http://www.test4safety.com <http://www.test4safety.com/>