I read in !emc-pstc that Brian O'Connell <boconn...@t-yuden.com> wrote
(in <f7e9180f6f7f5840858d3db815e4f7ad1f2...@cms21.t-yuden.com>) about
'Safety testing after equipment repair' on Thu, 22 May 2003:

>    My last (3) employers have required all repaired or modified units to be
>    "hi-potted". If a unit has been repaired, then the cover was removed, and
>    the unit is no longer "controlled" by the oroginal production hi-pot.

I think this is too stringent. Repeated hi-pot tests must be
*minimised*, because of the possibility of progressive degradation of
insulation.

A possible solution is to say that a hi-pot test is required if a visual
inspection by a supervisor indicates that it is necessary.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!