In message
<f72651ec60c2c945878cf1cf6a3e5af401bc8...@ntxboimbx13.micron.com>, dated
Thu, 22 Dec 2005, drcuthb...@micron.com writes
>magnetic core flux. The core flux is set by the magnetizing current and
>not the load current. Does this sound correct to the rest of the group?

It would be true if the primary winding resistance was zero. In fact,
the increased voltage drop across that, under load, reduces the
induction and flux a bit - 2.5% in a big transformer and 5% in a small
one, typically.
--
Due to a virus attack, I've lost all my clever signature tags. Are you sorry?
OOO - Own Opinions Only. See http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk and

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org