From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of
drcuthb...@micron.com
Sent: 22 December 2005 00:34
To: j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk
Cc: christopher.col...@harmanpro.com; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: What Makes A Transformer Hum (continued)

John,

You are correct. The load current does not change the core flux density.
The two transformer scheme can eliminate core saturation only if the
transformers are series connected. That will cut the flux
density in half while also cutting the total system core loss in half. The
total system copper losses are doubled.

   Dave Cuthbert
   Micron Technology, Inc.