Jeff,

I still say voluntary - see item 3 of the same document:

3.         Use of wireless equipment in the band 2.4 GHz to 2.4835 GHz.-
Notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force, no
licence shall be required by any person to establish, maintain, work, possess
or deal in any wireless equipment, on non-interference, non-protection and
shared (non-exclusive) basis,  in the frequency band 2.4 GHz to 2.4835 GHz
with the transmitter power, Effective Radiated Power and height of antenna as
specified in the Table below, namely :-

TABLE

Maximum out power of transmitter
Maximum Effective Radiated Power
Height of Antenna

(1)
(2)
(3)

1 W (30 dBm) in Spread of 10 MHz or higher
4 W (36 dBm)
Within 5 metres above the roof top of existing authorized building

SIEMIC PSTC <siemic_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Peter,

India WPC certification for 2.4GHz is not volunatry basis but mandatory. On
the other hand, Safety Mark is voluntary basis for India.

Please refer to WPC Notification [No.R-11014/17/2004-LR (Pt.)] , 2.4GHz
Wireless Devices

6.         Equipment.- (1) The wireless equipment shall be type approved and
designed and constructed in such a manner that the bandwidth of emission and
other parameters shall conform to the limits specified in the Table referred
to in rule 3.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Jeff Jin
SIEMIC InfoTech (China) Ltd.
www.siemic.com.cn <http://www.siemic.com.cn/>

peter merguerian <pmerguerian2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Bill,

WPC is a spectrum allocation body. Their certification is not needed for India
but can be applied for on a voluntary basis.  There are no mandatory approvals
needed at this time. It is ok to sell in India with the existing FCC/European
test reports. If cord connected, make sure the power cord has an ISI mark from
BIS.

If you need my help or quotation for WPC certification, please give me a call
at TUV  Rheinland of North America, Pleasanton, SF office (925) 249-9123
Extension 134 or e-mail me at pmerguer...@us.tuv.com

Best Regards,

Peter

Bill Stumpf <bstu...@dlsemc.com> wrote:

Hello group,
Can anyone point me in the direction needed to test and sell a wireless device
(2.4 GHz DSSS) in India?

Thanks,
Bill
- ---------------------------------------------------------------- This
message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org
For policy questions, send mail to:
Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org David Heald: emc-p...@daveheald.com

  _____

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42973/*http://www.yahoo.com/preview>  -
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org
For policy questions, send mail to:
Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org David Heald: emc-p...@daveheald.com

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http
//advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>  -
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org
For policy questions, send mail to:
Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org David Heald: emc-p...@daveheald.com