Hello Peter,

India WPC certification for 2.4GHz is not volunatry basis but mandatory. On
the other hand, Safety Mark is voluntary basis for India.

Please refer to WPC Notification [No.R-11014/17/2004-LR (Pt.)] , 2.4GHz
Wireless Devices

6.         Equipment.- (1) The wireless equipment shall be type approved and
designed and constructed in such a manner that the bandwidth of emission and
other parameters shall conform to the limits specified in the Table referred
to in rule 3.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Jeff Jin
SIEMIC InfoTech (China) Ltd.
www.siemic.com.cn

peter merguerian <pmerguerian2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Bill,

WPC is a spectrum allocation body. Their certification is not needed for India
but can be applied for on a voluntary basis.  There are no mandatory approvals
needed at this time. It is ok to sell in India with the existing FCC/European
test reports. If cord connected, make sure the power cord has an ISI mark from
BIS.

If you need my help or quotation for WPC certification, please give me a call
at TUV  Rheinland of North America, Pleasanton, SF office (925) 249-9123
Extension 134 or e-mail me at pmerguer...@us.tuv.com

Best Regards,

Peter

Bill Stumpf <bstu...@dlsemc.com> wrote:

Hello group,
Can anyone point me in the direction needed to test and sell a wireless device
(2.4 GHz DSSS) in India?

Thanks,
Bill
- ---------------------------------------------------------------- This
message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org
For policy questions, send mail to: