From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tarver,
Peter
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 2:01 PM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Clause 2.10.3.3 of EN 60950-1:2006

> From: Tarver, Peter
> Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 12:00 PM

Man, did I mess this up.  See  my corrections, below.

> "For an AC MAINS SUPPLY not exceeding 300 V r.m.s. (420 V peak):
>
> "b) if the PEAK WORKING VOLTAGE exceeds the peak value of the
> AC MAINS SUPPLY voltage, ..."
>
> If we have an ac mains rated up to 300 V (420 Vpk), and we
> measure a peak voltage across a piece of insulation in the
> primary circuit at 421 Vpk ...
>
> " ... the minimum CLEARANCE is the sum of the following two values:
> * the minimum CLEARANCE from Table 2K; and
> * the appropriate additional CLEARANCE from Table 2L"
>
> What then have is:
>
> Vb = 421 Vpk, clearance = 4.1 mm (interpolating and rounding
> up to the nearest 0.1 mm) +

0.1 mm (interpolating and rounding up to the nearest 0.1 mm) = 4.2 mm.

I'm going through a few test cases for my own benefit and I am in the
process of writing a US TAG member to TC108 that is already addressing
clearance and creepage distances problems in the 2nd ed.

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE
ptar...@ieee.org

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for
use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged
of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments
thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently
delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS
NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING.  Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of
similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any
attachments hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance
to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the
sender, Sanmina-SCI Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any
other person or entity.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com

This message, including any attachments, may contain
information that is confidential and proprietary information
of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.  The dissemination,
distribution, use or copying of this message or any of its
attachments is strictly prohibited without the express
written consent of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html