From: Bob Richards <b...@toprudder.com>
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Sent: Tue, Feb 15, 2011 8:45 pm
Subject: Re: Considering a consultant to help with semi-anechoic chamber
relocation and performance improvements

--- On Tue, 2/15/11, Derek Walton <lfresea...@aol.com> wrote:

        <snip>..... my point was about perception. As for the R&S? Thats an
opinion
formed by using it, perhaps the best opinion?

Derek,

I use a R&S ESI almost every day. I love it. Yes, it is expensive, but it did
not come out of MY paycheck. :-)  (Well, maybe it did??  :-(

It took a couple of months of using it before I decided I liked it more than
the Agilent 7405 (which I still like). The 7405 has a much easier user
interface, which helps if you are only an occasional user, and it also has a
built-in help system (which includes the GPIB commands for every function -
which I REALLY like). The R&S ESI has a clunky user interface, but after you
get used to performing the repetitive operations with it, you can fly through
measurements with it. In receiver mode, it can display peak, QP and average
measurements all at once.

We are considering buying another R&S soon.  We need a 55014 click analyzer
and one of the R&S models has that function built in.

Bob R.

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at
http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>
Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>