Thought it would be interesting to review what we have recommended a grad
student acquire. I hope he has a good library.
I brings up the problem of trying to make the right moral decisions. I assume
anyone writing safety related software will start with this.

CHF

$

IEC 61508-SER

1216

1,168.11

IEC 60601-1-SER

1520

1,460.13

ISO 14971

189

181.55

IEC 62304

270

259.36

IEC 62061

281

269.93

ISO 13849-1

189

181.55

ISO 13849-2

146

140.25

Nancy Levison's book, Safeware: System Safety and Computers

49.50

3,710.38

Obviously IEC, ISO and the other standards agencies are encouraging you all to
do the right thing.

It brings up a situation I ran into where our town was building a children's
playground. The playground safety standard price was larger than the budget
for the playground. The standard was ignored.

Bob Johnson
ITE Safety <http://www.itesafety.com>

Bender, Curtis wrote:

        Thank you everyone for your help! This is great information.

        Sincerely,

        Curt Bender

        PGS - Cornerstone University

        The items contained in this e-mail reflect the personal opinions of the
writer and are only provided for the informational purposes of the reader. The
writer is not speaking in an official capacity for Tennant Company nor does
the writer represent Tennant Company's official position on any matter.