My point exactly.  In particular, rfi limits have to be based on some
quality of reception that is achieved at some signal-to-noise ratio.  If you
live in an area with a strong radio signal, a device can emit way more EMI
than the limits allow and not cause rfi.  If you live far from the
broadcaster, something emitting right at the limit may cause objectionable
interference.

The placement of the limits was deliberate, as Mr. Woodgate states. But the
effect of the limits is all over the place.

There is simply no way to improve on Mr. Woodgate's closing comment, so I'm
not even going to try.

Ken Javor

Phone: (256) 650-5261

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html