Hi,

Management is saying CE is not needed on a machine because it's for internal
use.  Built in the USA, used in the EU.  Is CE required or not?

I cannot find anything in the Directive that says it applies only to
equipment for sale.  I actually find several references that make me believe
the Directive is applicable to anything placed on the market or in use.

Any help in confirming the correct article(s) would be appreciated.

John Allen
Product Safety Consulting, Inc.
605 Country Club Dr. | Stes. I & J | Bensenville, IL 60106
630-238-0188 | 877-804-3066 | 630-238-0269 (f)
jral...@productsafetyinc.com
www.productsafetyinc.com

Although PSC maintains the highest level of virus protection, this e-mail
and any attachments should be scanned by your virus protection software.  It
is the responsibility of the recipient to check that it is virus free.  PSC
does not accept any responsibility for data loss or systems damage arising
in any way from its use.  This message is confidential and intended only for
the individual to whom or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not
the intended recipient or addressee, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the addressee, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying, in whole or part, of this message
is strictly prohibited.  If you believe that you have been sent this message
in error, please do not read it.  Please immediately reply to sender that
you have received this message in error.  Then permanently delete all copies
of the message. Thank you.