MU is of course the only way of knowing what you do/measure and ultimately
test.

But if it need to be taken into account…. is another story.

But if you do not know  where your errors are, I guess

you can better stop measuring.

In most metrological approaches only the hardware measurement chain

is evaluated (antenna-cabling-measuring device), and  default value

is used for the transfer between EUT through OATS/SAR/FAR.

And –as all of you know- the EMC community itself came up

with a MU criterion (sort of) for that:  the Normalized  Site Attenuation with

it’s +/4 dB margins (using a well defined simple source)

This can be combined with the standard uncertainty of your measurement

chain to get a total MU value. Most calcs result in 4-6 dB of MU

More can be found in the appropriate part of CISPR 16 (part -4-2) of

which I don’t have the exact reference at hand… someone ??

Gert Gremmen

ce-test, qualified testing bv