I was allways told it had to be someone with the authority to stop production
and withdraw product from the sale if need me. This seemed to make a lot of
sense.

Ian White

From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Nick Williams
Sent: 22 July 2010 09:14
To: EMC-PSTC (emc-p...@ieee.org)
Subject: Re: CE Declaration Signatory

I agree very much with John Woodgate that you should not try to
define this solely in terms of a job function or title.

My view is that the signatory must be the person who has overall
responsibility within the company for ensuring that the correct
procedures for CE marking are in place. Therefore, you need to keep
going up the tree until you reach the person who is senior enough to
have the authority to commit _all_ the resources necessary for doing
the job properly.

Having said that, I would also tend to agree with the view that for
volume consumer products there is often value in making someone with
a sales role take responsibility for the Declaration since it tends
to make them realise that there is more to business than simply
shifting product to customers at the maximum rate.

Nick.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html