In message <64f1d.3c574fab.396f5...@aol.com>, dated Wed, 14 Jul 2010,
emcp...@aol.com writes:

>So far I have a 50-50 response on this. Thanks to those that replied.
>Does anyone have some text from the standards to back up the answers?
>
>1.  I understand that FCC rules say to consider the highest frequency
>used in the product for testing above 1GHz. This would mean that we
>need to test above 1GHz, considering the 2.4GHz bluetooth.
>
>2.  One could justify not testing above 1GHz considering the fact that
>the bluetooth has already gone through testing and certification on its
>own. In this case we would only be concerned about the digital device
>portion which has a maximum frequency of 16MHz.

Yes, well, the rules probably pre-date Bluetooth and similar add-ons and
should be revised. The 'highest frequency' was considered in the context
of the data processing, not wireless links.

This also affects CISPR 22 and CISPR 32, and the Generics, too, I think,
that all refer to 'highest frequency', but will anyone notice?
I should be disillusioned, but it's not worth the effort.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>