Ops – should be cheapo depo, not cheapo dopeJ

From: Dward [mailto:dw...@atcb.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 2:55 PM
To: 'k...@earthlink.net'; 'EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG'
Subject: RE: [PSES] EMC Performance Changing With Age Of Product

Seems to be the old scenario of:

1 – know exactly what your device does, test it till it breaks, find out
just what it can do and can’t do – expensive – but you end up with a
superior product far above the average – a rock solid device.

2 – assume your product is OK, but test just a little more than the
standards –costly but less expensive than 1, and you wind up with a product
that generally works in most instances and has not too bad of a return rate
– a pretty good device.

3 – do only exactly what the standard says, no more no less -  inexpensive
compared to 1 and 2 but prone to wander and works most of the time as long as
no extremes or no hard use exists – a mid end ‘Best Buy’ product

4 – only do the absolute minimum in the standard and if you can get away
with it, lean towards no test rather than test – a mediocre at best product
with nothing special, super deal at the stores (probably because the store
just want to get rid of them)

5 – find some way to get out of reasonable testing, possibly some fudge
factoring involved in the way testing is explained – el cheapo dope deal
almost guaranteed to break the second warranties run out.

But that is just my way of looking at it.:)