From:   John Woodgate <j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk>
To:     EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Date:   06/15/2010 11:29 PM
Subject:        Re: [PSES] EMC Performance Changing With Age Of Product

________________________________

In message <003f01cb0ce1$b1b73560$d600a...@tamuracorp.com>, dated Tue,
15 Jun 2010, Brian O'Connell <oconne...@tamuracorp.com> writes:

>The 'big issue' on which I would like to hear your opinion is if any of
>the reliability models were able to actually indicate relative
>lifetimes and/or failure rates of systems or components for a defined
>environment.

We are in many areas getting to the point where reliability is in
general so good that they can't. Once single-instance random defects
predominate in the causes of failure, statistical control methods can no
longer work.
I should be disillusioned, but it's not worth the effort.

<http://www.ieeecommunities.org/emc-pstc>

Website:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/ <http://www.ieee-pses.org/>
<http://listserv.ieee.org/request/user-guide.html>
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
<http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html>

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>

This email has been scanned for SPAM content and Viruses by the MessageLabs
Email Security System.

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>