Jeff,

My interpretation:  If you (your employer) do not sell your products
to Chinese government(or any party subject to government rules), you
don't need to worry about the rules (similar to WLAN products).

I attach a quick translation for your reference.

Regards,
Grace Lin

"An engineer from China Information Security Certification Center gave
me a call.  The requirements for the implementation rules of
compulsory certification for the information security products have
been published.  Please refer to the following.

No. 33, Year 2009

The compulsory implementation of information security products listed
in 2008 CNCA Notice No. 7 has been postponed to May 1, 2010.  It is
implemented under the scope of government purchase (this means, from
my interpretation,  if the buyer is not a Chinese government, the
rules are not mandatory).

Announced
Attachments:  Complulsory Certification Implementation Rules for
Information Security Products

No 33, Year 2009

1. Security Operating Systems
2. Securiy Isolation and Informaiton Exchane Products
3. Security Router Products
4. Security Audit Products
5. Security Database Systems Products
6. Anti-trash Emails Products
7. Firewall Products
8. Intruder Detector Systems Products
9. Database Backup and Recovery Products
10. Network Security Isolation Cards and Circuit Selector Products
11. Network Weakness Scanning Products
12. Network Recovery Products
13. Wisdom Card cos Products

April 27, 2009