From: McInturff, Gary [mailto:gary.mcintu...@esterline.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:53 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] 61000-4-2 3rd edition

I'm trying to track down a customer requirement for a piece of medical gear and
apparently I'm a revision behind. They have a requirement for 15 and 30 kV air
and contact discharge and they reference the 3rd edition standard. My current
standard doesn't have levels that go that high. Normally I would look at
60601-2  medical electrical equipment ....EMC compatibility.... But it only
requires 6 and 8kV.

The standard is going through all the time consuming purchase request channels,
until then can someone with the 3rd edition help me understand when the 15 and
30kV is required. The device itself is used in patient monitoring and could be
used in an operating theater.

We'll meet their requirements I'm just trying to figure out the paper trail
that would lead them to that requirement, could be nothing more than a desired
goal but I would like to understand it with your help

Thanks

Gary McInturff
Reliability/Compliance Engineer

Esterline Interface Technologies

Featuring
ADVANCED INPUT, MEMTRON, and LRE MEDICAL products

600 W. Wilbur Avenue
Coeur d'Alene, ID  83815-9496
Office:208-635-8306
Cell:  509 868 2279