Make a building far larger than a 10 meter OATS.  Then inside the walls of that
building add layer upon layer of cones and tiles until you get well over 60 dB
of attenuation of ambient signals. The reciprocal applies.
The common and likely cheaper chambers of today, make a Faraday shield and then
line it with absorbers to reduce internal reflections, which have to go through
the absorbers twice.   Without a shield, the emissions going out have to be
attenuated below the limits with one pass through the absorbers. (that are
twice as thick!)
The stand alone building would use the absorbers for attenuating both the
ambient and the emitted from the EUT.
My SWAG would be 8-12 feet thick walls of absorbers to get the attenuation
needed.
But modern absorbers might perform better than I have experienced and the walls
might be under 8 feet thick.
This endeavor is a near trivial spreadsheet exercise in costing one verses the
other.
The design parameters are available in the spec's of the materials.
The building cost is probably the same for both.

The chamber shielding plus cones is an adder.

The double set of cones is the other option.
The answer without even putting in any numbers is obvious to any that have done
just one chamber with prices.
Or just the first pass at the pricing.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>