Ampacity charts (particularly in the NEC) may assume wire pulled in
conduit, more than one current-carrying conductor, etc.  You may be better
off using a chart from your product Standard (60950 has something to say on
this topic but it's a bit conservative).    In your case, I would approach
the agency with some thermal testing showing that you haven't exceeeded the
insulation's temperature rating (assuming it has one) in the application
and you continue to pass all the other requirements of your product
standard.  If it's not a ground wire I think they would be OK with this
approach and some limited testing.

-Ken

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>