. . . or wire in free air, or buried, depending on what table you look
at.

As as gut feel, I would say that 3 inches of 26AWG would have a very low
temperature rise at 500mA, but as John stated,
it's best to run a test.

Ralph McDiarmid  |   Schneider Electric   |  Solar Business  |   CANADA  |
  Regulatory Compliance Engineering