From: Kunde, Brian
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 7:07 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Reply To: Kunde, Brian
Subject: Re: [PSES] 60950-1 PSU in a 61010-1 product

The IEC/EN/UL 61010-1 3rd Ed. section 1.1.3 has this statement which may be
helpful:

"NOTE Computing devices and similar equipment within the scope of IEC 60950 and
conforming to its requirements are considered
to be suitable for use with equipment within the scope of this standard.
However, some of the requirements of IEC 60950 for
resistance to moisture and liquids are less stringent than those in this
standard (see 5.4.4 second paragraph))."

Also keep in mind that some ISM equipment is used in a harsher environment than
IT equipment, so you need to make sure your 60950 power supply will work safely
and properly in the end user environment.

The Other Brian