Hello all,

I don't know if this helps and maybe it's not the full answer, but I remember
the conversation regarding colour photographs on the DoC when we were
progressing the early drafts of the new Radio Equipment Directive.

There is an attempt to harmonise the administrative requirements between
Directives of course, which can mean taking the requirements of one Directive
and applying it to the others.   Assuming you do not want to 'soften' any
Directives, you therefore end up 'toughening' the others.
I believe the Toy Safety Directive requires a good quality colour photo of the
device on the DoC; therefore there was a proposal that all DoCs, to all
Directives, should have a good quality colour photo on it.
This was finally rejected from the Radio Equipment Directive and EMC Directive
as being an unnecessary requirement.
However, it was left that if you do decide to put photo on your DoC, it should
be good quality and in colour (to align with the photo requirements of the Toy
Safety Directive).

Therefore, it should not be mandatory to put the photo on your EMC or RE
Directive DoCs, but it's an option if you want it.

Thanks,   Michael.