The old adage “buyer beware” fits.

That said, the price of freedom is that everyone takes responsibility for
themselves, they take responsibility on what they purchase and what they use.
They reject government intrusion.  They set up things like the consumer
protection organizations in the US; which do protect against many of what
others think is required to be legislated.  It does not take laws and
standards; it does not take government watch dogs, it takes personal
responsibility.  The return policies and lemon policies of most if not all
manufactured products in the US speak to that savvy.  If you buy a product that
does not do what it claims, it can be and generally is returned.

I also believe that the US buyer is far more savvy than many give them credit.
Yes, there are those who would rather have some agency think for them; there
always will be. But for the most part, using BBB and other consumer groups
there is absolutely no reason to introduce an overly cumbersome, inane and
self-serving government intrusion in private affairs of US citizens.

​​​​​

Dennis Ward

This communication and its attachements contain information from PCTEST
Engineering Laboratory, Inc., and is intended for the exclusive use of the
recipient(s) named above.  It may contain information that is confidential
and/or legally privileged.  Any unauthorized use that may compromise that
confidentiality via distribution or disclosure is prohibited.  Please notify
the sender immediately if you receive this communication in error, and delete
it from your computer system.  Usage of PCTEST email addresses for non-business
related activities is strictly prohibited.  No warranty is made that the e-mail
or attachments(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.  Thank you.