Scott,

Many second-hand products will have difficulty meeting current requirements.
This is a problem for products which have been used outside the EU when they
are imported into the EU for the first time, but for second hand products which
are already within the EU (i.e. those which were originally sold into the EU
when they were new), the rules for new products do not apply when they are sold
as second hand.

Nick.