From: ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen
[mailto:g.grem...@cetest.nl]
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 11:11 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Thermal equilibrium - 10% rule

Those interested, i cleaned up my temperature prediction spreadsheet
and if you want to play with it, let me know.
The math is crude, it might even have small errors.

The spreadsheet is prepopulated in column E with data from an calculated RC
network with source (green area), that you can erase, or use it to play with
base data.
The data is rounded to a settable  number of digits.
Best performance at time sampling of  tau/50 and 2 digits minimum
of resolution of the temperature ( x.xx  degrees).
At 3 digits the prediction is spectacular.

Accuracy won't impact the results. It's the resolution that counts.
With 1 digit of resolution the results are not very usable in terms
of calculation, however your experienced engineers eye may draw conclusions
anyway.

After an arbitrary number of samples, the sheet calculates the final
temperature
tau , end of test time and creates a graph.

Regards,

Ing. Gert Gremmen
Approvals manager
--------

+ ce marking of electrical/electronic equipment
+ Independent Consultancy Services
+ Compliance Testing and Design for CE marking according to EC-directives:
  - Electro Magnetic Compatibility 2014/30/EC
- Electrical Safety 2014/35/EC
- Radio & Telecommunication Terminal Equipment 99/5/EC

Web:    www.cetest.nl  (English) www.ce-test.nl (Dutch) www.cetest.fr (under
construction)
Phone :  +31 10 415 24 26
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information
that is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights
and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not
limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or
distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and
delete the material from any computer.
Thank you for your co-operation.