From: Harris, Kevin J (DSC) [mailto:kevinharr...@tycoint.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:22 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] ESD Table Top Testing Bench with IEC 61000-4-2

Dear Colleagues,

We made a decision to renovate our laboratory with new lab benches. This has led
to a bit of a conundrum with our ESD benches. Our local Feng Shui expert has
proclaimed that it would not do to have all new lab benches except for our old
ESD wooden benches.  The issue we keep circling around is the new benches would
have steel legs with rubber feet under a non conducting table top. IEC 61000-4-2
seemingly asks for a non conducting table in its entirety. Does anyone know if
such a setup deviation would make an iota of difference to the test?

Thanks

Kevin

  _____

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the
use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any
action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately
destroy this e-mail and its attachments.
<emc-p...@ieee.org <mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org> >
<http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html>
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas <sdoug...@ieee.org <mailto:sdoug...@ieee.org> >