From: John Woodgate [mailto:jmw1...@btinternet.com]
Sent: Tuesday 18 July 2017 21:09
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Chamber grounding [General Use]

I think the issue is far more about electrical safety than EMC. Of course
you are quite right about a Faraday cage not requiring an earth connection.
It's what happens if there is a high-current live mains to accessible metal
fault. The preferred technique depends on how such a fault is detected and
rendered harmless. National electrical codes have much to say about this,
and they don't all require the same solutions. That's why I advised the OP
to look at BS 7694, because that is what applies in Britain.

With best wishes DESIGN IT IN! OOO - Own Opinions Only
www.jmwa.demon.co.uk <http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk/>  J M Woodgate and
Associates Rayleigh England

Sylvae in aeternum manent.