Esteemed Colleagues --

We are incorporating a modularly approved intentional transmitter into some
industrial products. We understand the requirement to include on the product
(or in our manuals, if the product is too small) the Part 15.19 compliance
statement (" This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is
subject to the following two conditions: (1) This ... ").

However, we are also aware of two other FCC statements that appear to be
required, but which we do not often see in other product manuals, including my
new iPhone.

Warning (Part 15.21)
"Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for
compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. "

Information to the User (Part 15.105 a)
" NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for
a Class A digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits
are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when
the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment
generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful
interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a
residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user
will be required to correct the interference at his own expense. "

What are we missing? Are these last two warnings only required in some cases,
but not in others?

thanks,

Mike Sherman
Product Safety and Compliance Engineer