Mike

I think this is covered in section 7 of KDB 784748 D01 Labelling Part 15 &18
Guidelines
v08<https://apps.fcc.gov/kdb/GetAttachment.html?id=gSc9BH6v7Z%2FdopMkplqCZQ%3D%3D&desc=784748%20D01%20Labelling%20Part%2015%2018%20Guidelines%20v08&tracking_number=27980>:

7. Multiple Authorization Procedures:
A device subject to multiple authorization procedures requires appropriate
testing and labelling for each of the respective authorization procedures. As a
general rule, the DoC text statement supersedes any Verification statement.
For devices subject to DoC and Verification, or Certification and Verification,
the labelling requirements for DoC or Certification need only apply.  When a
device is authorized under both the DoC and Certification procedures, the DoC
logo and FCC ID (or FCC IDs if applicable) are required.

This requirement does not negate the testing requirement for each individual
device that is subject to both multiple authorization procedures, and / or
multiple technical rules.  For example, an 802.11 Wi-Fi device that is also a
Class B personal computer peripheral digital device must be tested as a
computer peripheral (Section 15.3) and as a transmitter (Section 15.247). If
the procedure for testing the computer peripheral elected DoC and since the
transmitter requires certification, the device must be labelled with the DoC
logo and an FCC ID. If the computer peripheral elected Certification then the
device can be certified as a computer peripheral and a transmitter under one
FCC ID.

When supplying information to users, all relevant instructions that pertain to
all components of a composite device are required.  For example, Class A or
Class B statements in Section 15.105; all warning statements and special
instructions as required by Sections 15.21 and 15.27; and all Part 18
applicable instructions must be clearly stated.  Variations in editing to
clarify the language and structure are permitted if all the relevant points
applicable to all of the components are represented

Regards
Charlie

Charlie Blackham
Sulis Consultants Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)7946 624317
Web:
www.sulisconsultants.com<https://outlook.hslive.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=02be3bf3e3a544d1bdf7b6c99fbd12f5&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sulisconsultants.com%2f>
Registered in England and Wales, number 05466247