Hi Scott,

I echo Brian's recommendation to read the relevant sections of the Blue
Guide (2016 version is the latest I believe). You can download it here
<https://ec.europa.eu/growth/content/%E2%80%98blue-guide%E2%80%99-implementation-eu-product-rules-0_en>.
See section 4.2 on Traceability. It has a detailed description of
obligations of different economic operators with regard to identification
for market surveillance authorities. This section references 768/2008/EC
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32008D0768>,
which outlines obligations (see Articles R2, R3 and R4 in Annex I).

--
Scott Aldous | Regulatory Compliance Program Manager |
scottald...@google.com | 650-253-1994