All,

Well actually, I'm not confused. But I'm certain some consumers are.

I ran across an LED lighting fixture product and they were promoting "*ETL
and DLC Listed*", of course I became curious. DLC is a consortium about
energy efficiency and in this company's view DLC gets top billing along
with ETL safety certification. DLC has been around for some time and
possibly this is the first time I've seen the two promoted in this manner,
but it got my attention. Some companies ethically make the distinction that
DLC is not a safety certification while others do not.

Maybe I'm blowing this all out of proportion and possibly I'm becoming
territoriality minded, I simply don't want other people treading on my
safety certs soil and that said we certainly don't have exclusive use of
the generic word "listed". I simply don't like the phrase *DLC Listed*.
I've seen this sort of thing before when acronyms are added to product
labeling a little like NASCAR racing stickers or all the special labeling
for food and shampoo, that is when it is used as a sales tool. Of course,
the more acronyms and symbols you add to a product the better it is,
right?  Maybe someday we'll have fat-free, range-free, non-GMO, fair trade,
gluten free, grass fed, humanely handled, made from recycled HDPE lighting
products... or maybe not.

Here is that DLC link, https://www.designlights.org/

Happy Friday and best to all, Doug
--