From: John Woodgate <j...@woodjohn.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:50:46 PM
To: doug emcesd.com <d...@emcesd.com>; EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
<EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [PSES] Any Different Results in ESD Testing when Changing Brands
of ESD Simulator (IEC 61000-4-2)

The discussion is becoming more general, but perhaps it needs to be. The way
IEC works is that meetings are held where invitations have been given, and that
can be almost anywhere in the world, except most of Africa. So what is hard to
get to for you, is near home for others. In any case, you can influence
61000-4-2 through the US TAG. I know that's not free of charge, so the other
way is to discuss privately with any one or more of the six US experts on SC77B
MT12. IEC has used Webex and GotoMeeting and now uses Zoom, but electronic
communication is not good enough to completely substitute for face-to-face.

I applaud your pro bono activities. But to do all that and then jib at digging
out the papers you cite as the solution to the ESD issues doesn't gel.

Best wishes
John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
J M Woodgate and Associates www.woodjohn.uk<http://www.woodjohn.uk>
Rayleigh, Essex UK