Hi John:

I assume the power is distributed more-or-less evenly throughout the garment.
See:

https://learn.adafruit.com/experimenting-with-conductive-heater-fabric/what-is-it

(Be sure to click on the blue “placement” near the bottom of the page and the
subsequent pages.)

If this describes the way the garment heater works, then the quoted standards
don’t apply very well. I would need to know a bit more about how the heater
heats the garment to give you advice.

Best regards,

Rich

ps:  Nice to see and talk with you at ISPCE!