Hi Dan,

So the issue here is that pacemakers are designed to be stopped with the use of
a permanent magnet. When the cardiologist is checking the operation of the
pacemaker in the office, they will stop it by placing a permanent magnet on the
chest of the patient. They can then see how the heart is behaving in the
absence of the pacing signal, and decide what, if any, changes need to be made.
The pacemaker should be functionally immune to most AC magnetic fields that a
person would experience in normal life.

As to what EN 50663, EN 62479 and IEC 62233 have to say about patient safety
WRT magnetic fields, I can’t say as I don’t know these documents. I’d say that
a problem is unlikely, since a widespread problem would be in the news, but I
can’t venture more than that.

--
Doug Nix
d...@mac.com