Hi Amund,

The legislation used instead of the CE marking directives is almost identical
to the EU Directives (pre-brexit we ‘nationalised’ EU directives like the EMC
Directive), but with some post-brexit wording changes e.g.

Notified Body --> Approved Body

Harmonised Standards --> Designated Standards

The ‘electrical and electronic’ section of this guidance page
<https://www.gov.uk/guidance/product-safety-for-businesses-a-to-z-of-industry-guidance#electrical-and-electronic>
  links to the equivalents for the LVD, EMCD and RED.

The list of Designated Standards can be found here
<https://www.gov.uk/guidance/designated-standards> . You’ll notice that the
references are mainly regular “EN xxxxx” and not “BS EN xxxxx”. I can’t find
any BS EN in the EMC list. (I think they realised how much work it was going to
be to update all references to BS EN and then decided to just adopt the
existing EU HS list)

All the best

James

James Pawson

Managing Director & EMC Problem Solver

Office hours:

My mornings are reserved for full attention on consultancy, testing, and
troubleshooting activities for our customers’ projects.

I am otherwise contactable between 1300h to 1730h from Monday to Friday.

For inquiries, bookings, and testing updates please send us an email on
he...@unit3compliance.co.uk <mailto:he...@unit3compliance.co.uk>  or call 01274
911747.

Our lead times for testing and consultancy are typically 4-5 weeks.

Unit 3 Compliance Ltd

EMC : Environmental & Vibration : Electrical Safety : CE & UKCA : Consultancy

 <http://www.unit3compliance.co.uk/> www.unit3compliance.co.uk  |
<mailto:ja...@unit3compliance.co.uk> ja...@unit3compliance.co.uk

+44(0)1274 911747  |  +44(0)7811 139957

2 Wellington Business Park, New Lane, Bradford, BD4 8AL

Registered in England and Wales # 10574298