From: Brian Gregory <brian_greg...@netzero.net>
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2023 1:44 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] Timeframe for new FCC registration

 Hello,

I'd like to have all options fleshed out prior to committing to a fairly
expensive quote for full FCC & ISED re-test and re-register our level 2 EV
Charging unit for residential applications, which already has FCC and ISED
registration numbers.   If we choose the option of not refreshing the
registration for our current FCC / ISED, only completing the testing &
reportage for Subpart C and spurious emissions in order to realize substantial
savings, then we'd have to start a new FCC registration.

About how long is the process to get a new FCC and ISED registration, after all
the testing and reports are complete?

Background
We have a quote for the full set of EMC testing to refresh our FCC and ISED
registrations, based on several board changes.  In order to maintain our FCC
registration, time has come for re-test and we've scoped out full Subpart B and
Subpart C testing for BLE, BT classic and 802.11, even though our chip has it's
own FCC ID.  We completed a Self-Declaration (SDoC) process for some minor
changes completed in early summer, but the component changes continued so it's
time to re-test and re-register.   The main circuits and WiFi chip
implementation have not changed.

Thanks,
Colorado Brian

discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to All
emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at:
https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/

Website: https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/
Instructions: https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/list.html (including how to